CSR ( Corporate Social Responsibility ) is a management concept. The management in a business is responsible for the implementation of the CSR program in the company. It is responsible for the entire CSR process right from decision-making, planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, impact assessment and reporting.
In the Companies Act 2013 CSR has been made mandatory. Companies failure to implement the same is exposed to punitive action. Under Section 135 of Companies Act 2013 companies crossing the following thresholds are mandated to discharge the obligations of CSR:
- Net Worth of Rs. 500 Crores or more, or
- Turnover of Rs. 1000 Crores or more, or
- Net profit of Rs. 5 Crores or more.
A company that crosses the above thresholds has to constitute a CSR ( Corporate Social Responsibility) Committee having at least three Directors, including at least one independent Director.
It is mandatory for the above companies to spend 2% of their average net profits of the last three preceding financial years towards CSR.
CSR is also mandatory for all Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSE) to allocate 2 to 3% of the profit after tax (PAT) for inclusive development of a backward district in which one key project has to be in CSR and the other for the development of the disadvantaged and marginalized communities.
M/s Gaheli Center of Research and Development Pvt. Ltd. (GCRDPL), New Delhi has developed expertise in all the segments of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and has been providing services to its clients in the following areas:
- Policy formulation of a company on Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Assist the companies in the formation of a CSR Committee.
- Assist the companies in the identification of activities/projects through a need assessment survey in the areas where the company desires to invest its fund under CSR program.
- Prepare a list of activities/projects to be taken up by the company on a priority basis.
- Year wise/activity wise/project wise allocation of fund
- Implementation of selected activities/ProjectWise
- Preparation of DPR of selected activities/projects
- Monitoring of the project(s) under implementation.
- Ongoing and terminal evaluation of activities/projects under implementation.
- Impact Assessment of activities/projects under implementation and suggest remedial measures in case of negative impact.
GCRDPL has been providing the above services to many business organizations that have approached them. Some of the Services provided by GCRDPL are listed below:
- Planning, presentation of design & drawing, complete installation of RWH System at Block-A, Block-B, Kitchen & Bathroom in front of Block-A at Kaypee Residential Camp, Thakurani Iron Ore Mines Barbil, Keonjhar, Orissa - work assigned by M/s Thriveni Earthmovers Private Limited., Salem, Tamilnadu.
- Planning, presentation of design & drawing, complete installation of RWH System at Pakri Barwaadih Coal Mines Project, Jharkhand – work assigned by M/s Thriveni Sainik Mining Private Limited C/o NTPC Ltd. Langatu, Jharkhand.
- Planning, presentation of design & drawing, complete installation & commissioning of RWH System at GM office, CESS Quarter & Executive camp, Balda Block Iron Ore Mines, District-Keonjhar, Orissa – work assigned by M/s Serajuddin & Company, Abdul Hamid Street, Kolkata-700069.
- The survey, design of the Fixed Sprinkler, installation and civil work, cement foundation for riser pipe, beautification, landscaping at Pakri Barwaadih Coal Mines Project, Jharkhand – work assigned by M/s Thriveni Sainik Mining Private Limited C/o NTPC Ltd. Langatu, Jharkhand.
- Development of Green Belt at 800 Mine lease area in district Jaisalmer and 300 Mine lease area in district Nagaur in Rajasthan.
- Replacement of traditional street lights by LED/Solar Lights in Lucknow, Nagpur and Jodhpur
- Educational support (provision of school dresses, notebooks, table & chairs, drinking water facilities to students of the nearby village of the project site.
- Organization of medical camps & distribution of medicines to the people of the nearby village of the concerned project site.